Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!


Mom~
When I was young, I didn't know how very, very lucky I was to have such a loving, caring mother. I know I didn't alway fully appreciate the wisdom behind your words and the the love behind your actions. I took it for granted that you were always there for me, and I didn't always stop to think you might be putting your own dreams on hold to make sure that mine came true. But even though I didn't fully comprehend the depth of your devotion, I loved you with a childlike love, and you were the center of my world. And I want you to know, Mom, that with every year my love for you keeps growing...and now I understand more fully and completely what a wonderful mother...friend...you truly are! Thank you Mom for being my first and best friend...I love you! Thank you for giving me the best possible start in life...for giving me the safe and secure place to love and grow!
Happy Birthday & Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

momaof4 said...

That is super sweet, I hope you were able to see and/or talk to her on her special day.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so sweet. What a gift for you to have. And now you have a daughter to pass on a wonderful mother/daughter relationship.

Alida said...

Very sweet. I love it when girls grow up and can share a special relationship with their mothers. How blessed you both are.

Lion Heart said...

aww this was a wonderful post! I hope your mom had a great b-day! I'm glad you two have an awesome relationship! By the way I love the new lay-out!